ARTS & LEISURE DIVISION: (alphabetical order)
- Zoe Barding – Grade 6 – Delray Beach, FL – Dad’s Piece
- Madelyn Herbele – Grade 7 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH – Pin-Plink
- Maya Motherway – Grade 6 – East Rockaway, NY – Mental Health Sculpture
- Millie Passi – Grade 5 – Westchester, OH – Desserts Not Stressed
- Allison Richter – Grade 7 – Ankeny, IA – Elasto-Pop
- Katherine Young – Grade 6 – North Ridgeville, OH – Bellano
SCIENCE & ENGINEERING DIVISION: (alphabetical order)
- Declan Burke – Grade 8 – Avon, OH – Elastic Engineering
- Audrey Francis – Grade 8 – Kent, OH – Footmail
- Kyle Kuharich – Grade 8 – Rootstown, OH – The Pulverizer
- John Myers – Grade 7 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH – Rubber Band Gun
- Serenity Paisley – Grade 8 – Rootstown, OH – The Stack ‘n’ Snap
- Paige Piccolomini – Grade 6 – North Ridgeville, OH – The Healer
CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK to this year’s finalists! And remember, the top-8 schools with the most entries will each win $200.
NOTE: The AGPA will contact each finalist with shipping instructions. Once the inventions are received, the final round of judging will occur. After the judging is complete, we will set a date when the final results will be announced on this website! We will also announce the Top-8 Schools with the most entries at that time.
Congratulations to each student that entered this year’s contest. We had so many amazing entries. Thank you for your hard work and for sharing your creativity with us. Ultimately, we hope that the contest has provided a fun way to explore STEAM concepts and enjoy hands-on learning with polymers! Thank you to all of the teachers, mentors, and parents who helped encourage and support the students!
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Join the fun and get ready to learn about the rubber band – one of the many amazing inventions created from a unique class of materials known as polymers! This educational contest was designed to give students a new opportunity to have fun learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. Each year students from across the nation come up with new ways of using rubber band(s) to create amazing inventions, games, artworks, and more!
- To design and create a working invention/artwork that incorporates at least one (1) rubber band.
TWO SEPARATE DIVISIONS:
OVER $5000 IN PRIZES:
- The first place winner in each division will receive $600.
- The runner-up in each division will receive $300.
- The four remaining finalists in each division (who are not a first place winner or runner-up) will receive $150.
- Schools can earn cash donations too! The top 8 schools with the most entries will each receive a $200 check donation.
OUR CONTEST LESSON PLAN MAKES IT EASIER: standard aligned and easy to integrate with your curriculum
- Alignment with multiple standards:
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Common Core Standards
- National Standards (Grades 5-8)
- Ohio Academic Content Standards for Science
- Ohio Revised Science Education Standards and Model Curriculum
- Learn more about the Rubber Band Contest Lesson Plan
A few past winners and runners-up talk about their experiences with the contest, as well as tell us some of the story behind their prize-winning entries.