CALLING STUDENTS IN GRADES 5-8!
Over $7,000 in prizes to give away!
The Akron Global Polymer Academy at The University of Akron invites you to get ready to stretch your imaginations by entering the 9th annual Rubber Band Contest For Young Inventors. This educational contest was designed to give students a new opportunity to have fun learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. Each year students from across the nation come up with new ways of using rubber band(s) to create amazing inventions, games, artworks, and more! Join the fun and get ready to learn more about the amazing world of polymers and one of the world’s most amazing inventions…the rubber band!
- To design and create a working invention/artwork that incorporates at least one (1) rubber band.
TWO SEPARATE DIVISIONS:
OVER $7000 IN PRIZES:
- The first place winner in each division will receive $1000.
- The runner-up in each division will receive $800.
- The four remaining finalists in each division (who are not a first place winner or runner-up) will receive $350.
- The top four schools with the most entries will each receive a $250 donation.
STANDARDS ALIGNED CONTEST LESSON PLAN:
- Alignment with multiple standards:
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Common Core Standards
- National Standards (Grades 5-8)
- Ohio Academic Content Standards for Science
- Ohio Revised Science Education Standards and Model Curriculum
- Learn more about the Rubber Band Contest Lesson Plan